Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
Q 45

Do you apply your Strength bonus, your Dexterity bonus, or neither to your to-hit and/or damage with a Soulknife/Pyrokineticist's flame lash?
A 45
I believe he was referring to DSP's Pathfinder Psionics. Here is the relevant quote:
Spoiler
Show
A pyrokineticist gains the ability to fashion a 15-foot-long whip of fire from unstable ectoplasm as a move-equivalent action. She takes no damage from a fire lash she creates, and if she releases her hold, it immediately dissipates. The lash deals 1d8 points of fire damage to a target within 15 feet on a successful ranged touch attack. A pyrokineticist can take Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization (if she otherwise meets the prerequisites) in conjunction with the fire lash, as well as any feats that apply to the use of a standard whip. The whip remains in existence as long as the pyrokineticist holds it and is treated for mechanical purposes as a whip.

If the character has the ability to fashion a mind blade and has the Altered Blade blade skill, her fire lash may be treated as her mind blade for mechanical purposes such as enhanced mind blade and other class abilities. All damage dealt by the mind blade in this form, including psychic strike damage and bonus damage from weapon abilities, is fire damage, and the pyrokineticist may not use the fire lash to perform disarm or trip attempts unless she has selected the appropriate Weapon Special blade skill.

It is clear that the Fire Lash described above would apply dexterity to attack as a ranged touch attack, and I don't believe you would apply either to your damage normally. In the case of a soulknife, I believe it would be the same as there is no special statement for anything but class features, so it would function the same apart from extra damage added from enhancements and abilities such as psychic strike.

Short version: I think you would still add dexterity to attack as it is still a ranged touch attack and add neither to your damage.