Quote Originally Posted by Kurien View Post
I need to know what a mongol warrior would have looked like in the 13th century. If it pleases you, could someone find me some accurate image references? What would the Genghis Khan have worn and wielded during war? How could I create something similar with household materials? (I'm asking this because Halloween is also Historical Costume Day for my history class.)
Not my forte, but generally it obviously depends on personal wealth and status/function in the horde.

Your mundane warrior from the Horde would have bow, and at least two horses, as his precious, most important equipment, wearing mostly leather clothes, with some elements of textile armor, helmet, and so on. Some more or less simple melee weapon, as well. Spear, plain sabre, club.

Some period stuff in Wiki for example

Rich, or veteran soldiers would be able to equip themself with mail, lamellar scale and other stuff basically from all over the Asia, there were ridiculous amount of very unique material cultures and stuff over vast steppes and mountains of Central Asia.

Heavy cavalry and other heavy hitting forces would obviously use variety of full armors , lances, swords etc.

Big boss like Genghis would probably own some crafty, often ornate combination of lamellar, mail, scale, I guess.

Can kick in some modern drawings that look roughly plausible to me.