Feel free to change names as you see fit - the ones presented here are more place-holders for myself than anything. They're extremely uncreative as such.

Spoiler
Show
General Legend of Vallheim: The Great Animals

Gaze, now, upon any creature of the world that surrounds you. What do you see? Some of you will say a beast of natural order, or a creature of reverence. Know, then, that they were once much more. Yes, I speak of the Great Animals of yore.

Long ago, before humans walked these lands, it was home to the Great Animals. Creatures of cunning and power, tied closely to the powers of the earth and magic. Beings of such grace and intelligence that the world bowed before them. You already know stories of the greatest of their number. Elrosa the Raven and her sister Na'lei the Dove. The bear Hyldan, the wolf Fen and the grand Greatfather Silverhoof.

They were perfect examples of their lesser brothers; stronger, faster, more able. It was with their guidance that the Clans became enlightened, forming into their greatness today. If felled, they would simply be reborn better than before. They stood as icons, and likely would still today had vile treachery not cast them down.

When the betrayers first rose up, they struck at the icons of the clans - the Great Animals themselves. Using their perversions of sacred magic, they struck down the beasts. With them destroyed, their brethren loss power and prestige, becoming what we see today. Mourn not, however, for their spirits live on.

To this day, many long years after the betrayers were pushed across the river and the clans broke into civil war, they grace our lives in one thousand and more ways. Praise be to the Great Animals. Even the magic of the betrayers will not hold them away forever!

I'm tempted to A.) Recruit one of my project leads to help with legends and B.) Create a Great Animal template now.