1. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    The effect seems reasonable. I'll have to work out a suitable cost unless anyone has an example costing to hand.
    The problem I'm having with my own players. By RAW it's only 10k, but its effects are much too nice for such a little price.

Quote Originally Posted by Togo
    To be clear, it would grant the size and stat changes listed under the expansion entry (+4 to str, etc.). Because you were bigger it would also increase your damage as per the Dragon Space/Reach, Attacks, and Damage table in the Monster Manual. This also grants the crush and tail sweep special attacks, and increases the range (but not damage or save DC) of your breath weapon.
    Precisely. It'll also improve my carrying capacity due simply to the multiplicative effects of size increases.

Tripping with a weapon, including a natural weapon, does not provoke. However, only a limited number of weapons can actually do this. I'm willing to add your tail (and only your tail) to that list. You don't get extra reach with your tail.
    Aw, okay on the tail. I'm a bit confused on the rest of what you said - natural weapons don't provoke, but you're willing to make a tail one of the weapons that don't provoke?

As a large creature you get +4 for being large and you add your str bonus. As a gargantuan creature you would get +12 for being gargantuan and add your (improved) str bonus. You only get the quadraped bonus for resisting being tripped.
    Hm, I could have swore quadrupeds get a bonus on trip attempts made, not just defended against.

If you fail to trip your opponent, then as usual they get a free attempt to trip you. You can't drop your weapon to avoid being tripped because it's attached to your spine.
    While RAW, how do you trip a dragon with his own tail? Especially if he's hovering?

Note also that tripping does no damage. It can be very effective at stopping opponents getting into attack range though.
    No, but it'd do tail slap damage.

Also, fair warning, you're likely to get into situations where there simply isn't room for a gargantuan dragon.
    Of course. I doubt there are many places in Sigil, save the sky itself, that could fit one.
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2011-10-14 at 06:27 PM.
    Pointing out hypocrisy is not disrespect.

RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.