Quote Originally Posted by Zolkabro View Post
Well, I didn't know if it should be based on DEX or CHA so I just put the average of both. And I like the way that, if you had really bad DEX, but great CHA, you could still do it because the CHA makes up for the DEX, or visa versa.
Okay, your choice. Just one thing that I've just realised as written you can enter the class at first level. In that case it's not really a Prc. I think you should put a skill rank requirment. Perhaps craft (8 ranks) everyone got craft and it mean that you can only enter a 6th level.

I originally wrote the table in HTML code, which I am fairly familiar with. When I discovered this didn't work, I used an internet converter which said it converted HTML to a code used of forums. Apparently, though, this was not the case.
Yeah, you need a special code for the gitp forum.

Problem is, I really didn't know what to do for BAB or saves. This class didn't have anything to give it particularly good or particularly bad of any of them, so I just gave them something inbetween high saves and low saves and hoped. What do you think I should do for HD, BAB, or saves? I asked somebody else, and they said look at an existing class that is similar to mine. But I couldn't think of anything that was similar!
I think we can compare the Mime to a Bard. A versatile class able to do multiple thing. So 3/4 bab work fine and as fort saves, well a good Will save make sense after all the Mime impose is Will into the world so it must be strong.

Details for this are given in the Mime section and the Oath section. At higher levels they can mime exotic weapons, but as it says in the Oath, they cannot use anything now, they must mime it. So they lose all ability to use an exotic weapon until they can mime it. Once they can mime it, though, they can mime any exotic weapon they want at any time.
Should this be phrased more clearly?
Yes, I think it need clarification. Like "the mime lose any and all weapon proficiency it may already posses and instead become proficient with any weapon he is able to Mime"

If the Mime class had any details about spells, then it would be much too short. But this is just saying that they should continue with spellcasting from a previous class, if any. All details would be in their previous class, Mime changes nothing, only that don't get new spells every level.
I see what you mean but their is a specific language to use when you want a Prc to progress spellcasting. Here an example taken from the archmage Prc:

Spells per Day/Spells Known: When a new archmage level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class in which he could cast 7th-level spells before he added the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class in which he could cast 7th-level spells before he became an archmage, he must decide to which class he adds each level of archmage for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Oops. Um, how many skill points per level would you recommend? As I said before, I don't really know what to compare this to.
2+int or 4+int should work. And perhaps add bluff to their list it make sense.

This was supposed to be like when, in the video, Fernando drew a Mime weapon against the Mime. I suppose the DM would tell them they could?
Relying on the Dm for thing like that isn't great, if only because it add more work for him. Perhaps "A creature fighting a Mime can ,once per encounter, make a Knowledge (local) check as to recognize the Mime for what he is. The DC of the check is 15. If he succed on the check he automatically know that only Mime weapon can overcome a Mime damage reduction and he can attempt to mimic the mime to create a weapon for himself. He can only create weapon with wich he is proficient this way"

Something like that for example.

Yes you do. I want speaking to be the main weakness of the Mimes, and a lot easier to do than falling like a paladin is. However, that also means it should be easier to regain Mimehood, so I don't want to add anything else to this that would make it harder.
Okay.

Well, I never intended this to have any importance other than fluff. I just didn't know anywhere else to put it other than there. Is that place just for mechanics stuff?
Yeah, it's mostly for mechanical effect you could perhaps add it to the oath ?

Nothing much, the whole point was supposed to be the pilgrimage of seeking them out when you have lost all your power, rather than doing anything when you get there. It's basically just remaking your Oath with them there.
Okay, in that case you just need to say what type of action is need to redeem a circus freak. At least a full-round action perhaps even one minute of concentration so it's not too trivial.

In addition, how is this, balance-wise? When I told my brother about this prestige class, who is very good at this sort of thing, he immediately said it was too overpowered, so I slowed down the Mimes, staggering the abilities a lot so he wouldn't get infinite power straight away. Does this work? Is it still balanced?
Balance wise it's really powerful. I would recommand removing a few level of spellcasting progression (like 1st, 6th and 12th ?)
It will depend on the detail you add but at the moment I can, as soon as 3rd level, create an entiere army of animal to fight by my side. When you get mime curse you can create an army of slave. You can create magic item so it's easy to create powerful item.
It need limitation to be in any way viable.