View Single Post

Thread: 3.5 PrC: The French Mime P.E.A.C.H.

1. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

confused Re: 3.5 PrC: The French Mime P.E.A.C.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    The Perform skill prerequisite should be narrowed to Perform (Act) since that covers Mime.

Debby
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    While this is an interesting prestige class, I'm not sure it is fundamentally playable. Not being able to speak or to use weapons except for mimed weapons would make playing difficult.Telepathy isn't speaking so there is a way to bypass the "speaking" clause.

Sure you can mime a sword but can you mime a +2 flaming sword? I wouldn't think so. Furthermore, I really think you should eliminate this sentence: "He has no belongings, and no weapons. He only has what he can mime." Unless you force mimes to wander around completely naked, they should have belongings, especially since it means they don't have spell components. Not having money and only being able to use mimed money will surely lead to trouble. The gp that disappears is fun the first few times. After that, it will stop being fun and just be annoying. It's too restrictive. Maybe limit them by Vow of Poverty or something.

Debby
    What that post has told me is that I need to put things clearer.

If he offers somebody spell components are enough. money, and mimes this money, then the money for all intents and purposes becomes real. If he casts a spell and mimes the spell components, then he can still cast the spell, as mimed components are enough.

Miming is almost like hypnosis in a way, the people looking will believe he has the actual object. Do you think I should make the object he is miming appear as a ghostly version of the object?

And about the +2 flaming sword, do you think I should enable miming magic weapons at a higher level?
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2011-10-30 at 09:18 AM.