I wanna try! I Wanna Try!
Oh, um, Hi guys.
I'll start by looking at art. here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
Here's a sketch of AJ as a human I did a while back. I was doodling the mane 6 as humans, trying a new style, and was really happy with how AJ turned out. Fluttershy and RD were OK too, but needed more work. The rest were... not great.

Maybe some day I'll take another stab at the rest of them, but for now...

Spoiler
Show
*snip*

You know, I'm not really a fan of AJ, but here she kinda looks cool
I like it. =) though, she has no hands...? 0_0 (Not that I'm saying anything. I've tried to draw hands. They do not like to work with you, at all)!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
Alrighty then, I got no response whatsoever when I posted in the ponythread itself, maybe I'll get a little more feedback here.

@DD: You're first few attempts are looking good! May I ask, though, if you are using guidelines/stick figures to draw? It really helps, especially when positioning the eyes, which you mentioned having trouble with. You'll notice below, of course, that I didn't follow my own advice too well, hence why I'm mentioning it now.

Anywho, here's a sketch I did for a halloween costume contest thingy. Twilight, Derpy and Carrot Top as the Spanish Equestrian Inquisition from Monty Python:

Spoiler
Show
*Snip*

And the inked/coloured version:
Spoiler
Show
*Snip*

My thoughts on these: First up, I had to make quite a few edits when inking. Twilight's face was completely messed up, mostly because the far side of her face was sticking out too much. Derpy's eyes were too big and I forgot her ears too. I also had to redo Carrot Top's headgear (It was just a hat at first, but on rewatching the sketch, it should've been a hood). CT's muzzle also looks a little off to me.

My biggest mistake though? Being lazy with the legs. I didn't do a full stick figure pose underneath (just did it roughly) and I payed for it with misproportioned, mispositioned limbs (especially on Twilight. Look at those back legs. Ugh).

Still I'm happy with it.

My advice to anyone who wants to draw ponies? References. Everywhere. All the time.
NOBODY EXPECT THE EQUESTRIAN INQUISITION! Love it, mate! Legs, well, like you said. I'm no art expert, so, I really just want to make sure I say something about other art first before I expect any for mine.

How did you color it? Did you use a computer program, or...?

Here's a few things I've worked on recently. a little hard to see, since I took the picture with my phone. They're not ponies (No, that comes next alongside my story)! but just drawing attempts.

Swingset at my local park:
Spoiler
Show

Self-Portrait!
Spoiler
Show

Ha-ha! I am hidden behind my goggles!

So far as I can tell, it's really making shadows that I suck at (Well, my Depth perception, perspective, coloring, and attention span [so as to insure I work longer than an hour] really need some work too, but)!
I also hate how I drew my teeth -_-** they look nothing like that (Not really, I don't think... I don't know! I don't study them daily! ) the beard looks a little off, but I'm serious when I say that's how it looked at the time!