View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

1. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    This thread is BEST THREAD.

The swingset looks great!

The self portrait is generally good, but the top of the head hairline/shadow thing looks weird and blodgy. If that's a dark shadow, it looks really out of place given how well-lit the rest of the face seems to be. Otherwise this is pretty cool

And good luck to everypony! This may seem hard at first, but it's absolutely worth doing! You won't believe your progress if you stick with it.

Well, I could link the original picture:
    Spoiler
    Show

portrait:
    Spoiler
    Show

I couldn't see my hair, so I just drew it in shadow. I also just blocked the shadows together instead of trying for subtle shadow changes (Not very good at that). 0-0* I know that's something i need to work on. definitely. And the head is probably a little long too...

Thank you for the criticism! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I'm mostly interested in learning how to draw people right now, so I made a list of musicians I like to give me something focused to work on. (I haven't decided whether I'll just keep adding names to the list or restart it once I've hit the end.) Unfortunately the only camera I have in the house is, as the kids would say, teh suck, so I'll scan it sometime later this week and hopefully it will come out better then.

Drawing one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Based on:
    Spoiler
    Show

The list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finished:
    Niels-Henning Řrsted Pedersen

Unfinished:
    Imogen Heap
    Dusty Springfield
    Neko Case
    Agustin Barrios
    Alexander James Adams
    Tosin Abasi
    Miles Davis
    Brent Hinds
    Billie Holiday
    Django Reinhardt
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Ingrid Michaelson
    Joe Pass
    Venetian Snares
    Mingus
    Sun Ra
    Michel Petrucciani
    Natacha Atlas
    Sarah Blasko
    Jacqueline du Pré
    I like them! Very nice! The wrinkles on the forehead make the person seem older in your drawing, but otherwise enjoyable. =)
    Last edited by Noctemwolf; 2011-10-30 at 09:04 PM.