Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
It's very neat to see the finished product! I've been waiting for this!

A couple of things I notice in looking at it - one is that his head seems more bent toward the bass (it is a bass, yes?) in the photo.
I noticed that right when I got the head to look halfway decent. And yeah, NHP was a bassist.
I don't know if you did, but I'd suggest that when you're getting started, try and draw some lines to show where the midline of the body and head are going to be later on, to help establish their relative positions. Second is that his hand looks small compared to the rest of his body - I'm not sure what the best fix would be, but I'd suggest that once you have a rough set of lines to define the pose, try and find a largish section of the subject to use as an anchor and start filling in the details from there outward. It'll help with relative sizes and perspective as things come together, I think. On ponies, I personally used their giant melon heads, or else the most dynamic part of the pose...
I did not, but I'll definitely do that next time. Thanks!
Overall, I gotta say that this was quite good, and you're way braver than me for starting with human subjects! They have so many fiddly little details to keep track of! I'm looking forward to the rest of your series
I'm really glad you made this thread. I never would've started something like this alone.