Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
I'll post up a bunch of tutorials when I get home, but here's the basics for front on ponies:

The eyes are really big and start really low, and reach up right to the start of the mane. Straight on ponies just have a single curve shape for a nose.
Pony eyes have really big pupils, smallish irises, and between two and four white circles. Remember that the colour of the whites of the eyes is never pure white! The Irises also change colours multiple times too!
Mouths are quite small

Reference image:

[SPOILER]Huge Twilight
Thanks Thanqol! Some of that is really useful. Other parts, not so useful. But it's totally my fault, not yours. I really didn't explain enough before. I'm going for a kinda Andrew Hussie But not as pixely style. This flash animation should show you what I mean without spoiling anything major in the story. I don't really care about colour as much as I care about shading. In fact, I'm deliberately trying to make the first half of my animation as red and dull as possible.

So I should have probably asked about how to shade a pony.
Anyway, I'm tired. Don't blame me if none of that above post makes sense. Good night everyone!