View Single Post

Thread: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

1. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A Pathfinder (By RAW) I

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    For whatever it's worth, though, a piece of design advice I got a long time ago was: If you require a check, assume they'll fail. If what's behind the statue (in this case) is required to complete the adventure, then maybe you want to rethink your method; if, on the other hand, what's there is just bonus stuff (extra loot, a shortcut to the end, etc), then definitely require some sort of check to earn the bonus.
    Good advice, this. Don't have players roll dice unless you can deal with them failing or succeeding.

And specifically for situations like this one, don't forget the Take 20 rules.
    Last edited by Arbane; 2011-11-01 at 03:23 PM.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).