Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
To a large degree, I agree with you. However, a large number of his spells are arcane in nature. More importantly, a lot of his arcane spells are granted a level earlier as divine spells, which I didn't want to prevent his power from being too inflated. Also, it would simply grant the Archivist even more spells from which to draw on.

Still, if convincing enough arguments can be provided, I would be more than pleased to return it to divine casting (which is what it was originally).
One, you made the spell list and the class. Just say he although it's usually a level 3 divine spell, for this guy it's level 4. Two, the Archivist is already tier one. You are afraid of people finding your homebrew, getting it cleared by the DM, and then saying "I don't want to play an Arbiter, I just want the arcane spells as divine". I think anybody who goes through that much effort to get the spells and their DM is cool with it is OP, yes, but he obviously wanted to be OP and the DM is ok with that power level.