Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
Yeah, telepathic comms make sense, especially with (as pointed out) a "black ops" team.

Spoiler
Show
As for the plot...I didn't really buy that they'd killed everyone off like that, so I wasn't totally shocked.

I think making it a training exercise gone wrong was an interesting angle; I was expecting "just a bad dream", or maybe some sort of dream-based superhero.

Incidentally, I didn't catch all the quick young hero cameos, but they were still fun! Maybe we'll see the Teen Titans popping up too?

As for Miss Martian, re-watch the episode. Martian Manhunter says that Miss Martian's telepathic mind was stronger than his. That's a fairly specific thing to say. Recall, J'onn's typically shown to have a lot of powers, sometimes up to the point of being "Green Superman". Even lacking things like eyebeams, YJ MM seems to at least have the "flying brick" powers down, and perhaps has better shapeshifting. M'gann's definitely not as physically powerful, but consider how easy it is for her to psychically link a half-dozen minds, two of which aren't human (Aqualad and Superboy), one of which is a hyper-accelerated human (Kid Flash), and two of which (Robin and Artemis) likely have a fair bit of mental discipline (good luck breaking into Batman's brain, or the brain of his apprentice). She acts like it's no trouble at all, and is basically a psychic switchboard. That's pretty impressive.
My guess? We'll see her develop a lot more mental-based tricks, and if we see Martian Manhunter more often, he'll be more physically powerful. That's how I'd approach it, were I on that writing staff, anyways.
Spoiler
Show
Still, it was a really weak and cliche twist. And as you say it wasn't that big of a shock and fairly predictable, they could have established it earlier on in the show. So rather than the drama and tension be destroying the aliens, it could be escaping the dream.