Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
I just wish I got to play the TT game more. I want to be excited about this... but I haven't been playing many computer games lately and don't ever feel like putting in the time to pick up an MMO any more. But if its good, and reasonable FTP then I'll probably give it a go.

As for the clan invasion, the biggest issue I have with the clan tech is that it is simply better. Its not conditionally better, its just better. It doesn't trade an advantage like range for increased heat or reduced damage, it doesn't even take more weight or slots to equip it. And its not just weapons, its structure, engines, and just about everything else.
They just increased the BV of the items so you get less of them in an even match, which is fair enough from a large scale tactical balance sense but just seems to cause problems if you aren't careful, especially in smaller games and I don't see any good way of doing it right in a single mech per player system.

Favorite weapons... I have a soft spot for the AC20. Sure, it has a lot of shortcomings and its a pain to fit in anything, but it has the oh-crap feel that no other gun does.
Long range I like the flexibility of the RAC5.
But of course it depends a lot on when and what size 'Mechs you are fielding. A large bank of ERMLs can cause a lot of damage and is pretty reliable but its only slight less easy-mode then the ERMPL spam.
Um, not sure if this counts or not but a least im MW4 the clan weapons did generate more heat than the IC equifalents. Speaking of MW4, anyone else hoping for a Solaris mode?