Siuis! Thank you so much for your sweet sweet constructive criticism! It makes me very happy to see, and I'll give a proper response in the morning after I get some sleep *looks at the time* and presumably some coffee as well Thanks so much!

PREVIOUSLY, ON IDO'S DRAWTHREAD
Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
1: Apprentices
Bycatch: Female Obrimos
Magical Tradition: Greenpeace
The Hero

Bycatch is a student protester completely devoted to the idea of ethics taking priority over political expedience. Saving the whales, freeing the refugees, banning nuclear power, outlawing fur, eating organic and ending inequality. Her political leanings are extremely towards the left; not quite communist, but definitely not capitalist. The duality in her personality is that despite her strong political beliefs and very strong emotional connections to her topics, she finds her magic in researching those beliefs. In this sense, she's championing more ideals than she can really hope to accomplish because it's the touching on and exploration of the ideals that enhances her personal power. If she picked one and put all her effort towards it, she might be able to make more real steps towards achieving it. Selfishness has crept up on Bycatch without her noticing.

Personality wise, Bycatch is loud, rebellious and impulsive, completely fine with breaking laws or taking things to extremes. She believes her own moral compass trumps the laws of society and is prepared to act to bring the two into closer alignment.
Day 45 - You wanted a Hippiemancer, right?
Spoiler
Show

After a couple of days of practice drawing women, I finally felt comfortable enough to give a shot at what I could see in my head. This one might be interesting to come back to once I start playing with color. Let's see how I feel about this picture in the morning, haha. Going to be honest, and I'm not totally sure how to convey "this is a magic person", but I gave it the best I could do :)

To note Thanqol: that's her staff she's holding. She has a special latch that released four segments from the side, to which she uses to attach her protest signs. She was also supposed to have a messenger bag full of spellbooks and the like, but that got too busy for my liking, so she left it at home today.