Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Tips from a psychotic body-reader; you picked the wrong chixxor for working on a ladytype.

Models do things that normal people don't do. This particular one is lifting one knee to lower the edge of her pelvis, while simultaneously twisting her trunk. This presents a chest-waist-hip ratio that is more athletically pleasing, but which reminds me of an explanation for ballet; contorting your body into unnatural positions and making it look elegant.
Fair enough!

Just going to be up front about this, I didn't really know where to find references to draw from, and my friend suggesting a clothing site catalog's women section. I totally know that models aren't the best for this, but I haven't drawn any women, not since drawthread began, so I figured this was better than nothing, and less awkward than giving google image search a spin .__. I gladly welcome any links or suggestions on resources!

There is a specific visual hip-to-waist ratio that the human mind finds most pleasing. Women, due to a fluke o bone structure and center of gravity, can cat their pelvis in ways men cannot. This allows hem to present the visual of that ratio by emphasizing certain parts o the bodyŚ and yet in your skeleton, the pelvis line is almost completely horizontal.

Looking at her spine, she is compressing her lower back, the lumbar. She has a bit of swayback going on, pushing out her rump and pulling back her shoulders. It makes the Hiney appreciatively round, and destroys her posture in the process. I see this partially reflected in your skeleton, but. I can't tell how integral that line is.
Boy, girls sure are weird! Good advice though, thanks. All this sort of stuff is great for me to chew on and internalize, it really does help :)

Her feet are arched the wrong way; if you look at the picture, the inside arch of her foot traces a half-circle, which emanates from the ground. It is, literally, an arch. Think of it like an organic spring plate that is a half-circle. The foot "flattens" when it hits the ground, but springs back to it's curved shape when not forced flat.
I only go into this because your illustrated foot curves exactly the right way, in exactly the wrong direction.
*derpygasp* You're right D=

Breasts should not be accounted for in the design of the torso; you should instead draw their Ribcage, and "attach" breasts to the outside. Otherwise the torso will be blocky, and it will show through.
I will actually interject here, saying that I know about this from reading Thanq's experiences with this earlier, however, I ran into a sort of weird problem. Normally, I would draw the torso (which for both genders I give a slight slant to anyway) and then add them from there, but when I sat down to add them in, with the ruffle thing she has on her shirt, and the lighting, I literally could not tell where they were. So, just kinda winged it instead. I tried better for yesterday's post, did that look any better?

I suppose that exhausts my immediate supply of relevant commentary ^^"
sorry, but I love the human body, and having an eye for doodling, I have found all sorts of tidbits that get me looked at strangely at dinner parties.
But I'm only half as perverted as I seem! I swear!
Psh, whatever, this was great! I know I started this thread saying that I don't mind if people don't give input, but turns out I didn't know anything about that either, and everything everyone says is incredibly welcome and helpful :'D

PLEASE CONTINUE 0:)

Yes, this. So long as you feel you've learned something, you're good.
And heck, ballpoint will teach you feel, going with the grain, and "oh $%*& I can't erase can I?", which is a hard skill to learn.
If anything, there isn't anything wrong with practicing loose form, faster sketches, and straighter lines. I'm sold, messy sketches on D&D nights it is then!