1. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Capt. Ido learns to steal thread ideas (and also draw)!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hmm, it doesn't match up with my own visualisation (this is a modern setting, for one). Artistically, I'm not sure about the shape of the head (too tall) or the arrangement of features. But I do like the idea behind the staff and I'm stealing that for one of the character's tools.
    Yeah, I figured I had a very small chance of getting the actual setting of the character right, I'm not at all familiar with what you're using her for But I'm glad you at least liked the staff idea! And I'm pretty glad with the overall lack of failure this represents for me, haha. Question though: you say you're not so sure about the "arrangement of features", but I don't think I follow. Are her facial features in the wrong places?

Since apparently I only posted yesterday in my mind, today is two days in one! Lots of experimenting and newness going on here folks. Today marks the first day in the drawchallenge where I used not only different brushes, but also... well you'll see I guess.
    Day 47 - Waterfall
    Spoiler
    Show

Thought I'd mix it up a bit, tried some white on black. It felt more natural to "paint" the water as a pure white color with a slightly soft, slightly transparent brush over black. It's not perfect, but I'm not sure what else to say about it...

Moving right along:

Day 48 - Kurai
    (big warning)
    Spoiler
    Show

This one is almost a shape and shadow study above all else. I swear it's not Metal Mask >_> I am interested to see what anyone thinks about today's drawing.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-11-21 at 12:36 AM.