Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
You do not threaten everyone's lives to win an argument. Ever. It doesn't matter how good an argument it makes, putting lives at risk to win is never acceptable.

Every single person I know that watches this show said they would have shot him before he got the barn open. I was the only one(out of what, eight?) who even said he should get a warning.
Since the whole party was armed, and the walkers would all be coming through the same door, I'm not sure that everyone's lives were threatened. It put a good scare into some of them, but the farmstead was in serious denial that required a good shock since time and logic certainly weren't working. The threat unleashed by Shane was still controlled pretty well by his brief preparation and how he went about it. He certainly looked emotional and out of control, but handled a sweep of the barn in just about the best way possible. The only better way would have been to snipe at them through the walls or from the rafters, but then the farm folk could have maintained their delusions more easily.