Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
Here is my second ponytar attempt:
Spoiler
Show
Thanks again, by the way! The badge in particular is exquisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
As a rule it makes things look dirty rather than shaded, and if you want to be as depthful as you can in your shading, it just makes things black, since you use as much colour as you can. I can shoot you a few palette charts for shading if you want? I don't have that many though, I mostly eyeball it these days.
So it's the same as shadow play in pencil sketches, where there is the object, the shadow, the valses shadow, and the shiny bit; only you would use associated colors to provide the proper hue rather than just darkening or lightening right?

Thanqol, as an exercise since I don't have the tools; try to go through the provided charts and see if there is a mathematical correlation. If shadows are generally always [x] RGB spaces darker, then we can work out correlations. It becomes easier when shading is "shadowy afternoon; use a color 20 degrees cooler" rather than "green; use a third stage viridian blue" y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
While not pony related, have my latest art exploits. It will eventually be pony related because this might kick me out of my slump...I dunno. Anyway, here's the first two stages of my arty things. Not even a third done at this point most likely, and those clouds are starting to bug me...Might do them in SAI rather than PS.

Spoiler
Show

Masterful. More fuel for the fire, on the whole "I'm going to buy a computer and stalk you and maybe eat some of your brain to absorb your talent" thing.

And your applejack... Wow. Just... Wow.

Art maybe soon. Areta had a runin wiu abycatch and Fox that just screams "draw me".