View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

1. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Various events prevented me from drawing at all for the past few days, so I'm trying to do at least something to keep my momentum and get back on course.

These aren't much to look at, but since I'm not averse to post random unfinished stuff I do, have them anyway:
    Spoiler
    Show

Their only significance, besides being the only things I managed to draw for the last five days (well, I still have time today, so maybe not the only things), is that I've drawn them in Corel Painter 12 rather than Photoshop that I've used lately. I find Painter good for sketches, but as soon as I try to use any of the usual methods for digital drawing, it ends up being a kludge for some reason. I never quite understood why it keeps giving me so much trouble. At least this latest incarnation works flawlessly with my tablet, unlike the previous one. Lack of middle-click scrolling annoys me to no end though.

Also, on the second image, can anyone give me good pointers on properly conveying dynamics in poses? The few things I read on the matter didn't give me quite enough insights to prevent characters from appearing static.

edit: and sorry for not participating in the discussion, but I'm fairly incompetent when it comes to color theory and lighting/shading, and the intricacies of zebra shipping elude me as well. I do like Dispozition's clouds though.

edit2: updated the second one with a more detailed version.
    Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2011-12-13 at 09:20 AM.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!