Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Please do; prosthetics always interest me!
I probably shouldn't ask... personal interest?

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Hmm, so now that the thread's been up for a while, I have a proposal to throw out, aimed in particular at anyone who's new or would like to post, but is uncertain about where to start.

Would people be interested in having a running volunteer prompt? There wouldn't be any expectation to participate, particularly if you have ongoing art projects or a consistent source of inspiration. Instead, it would be more or less a suggestion every week or so to help get the creative wheels turning, a bit like the prompts for the artist's training grounds on Equestria Daily (though much less frequently updated). Anyone would be free to make something for it or ignore it, as they chose.

As of right now, this is just a suggestion I'm toying around with, but I'd be interested in others' input, especially from people who feel like they're having trouble getting started or continuing to draw.
I'd say it's interesting. I too sometimes find myself floundering around in search of inspiration, so random suggestions to spark creativity would be great.

I've yet to make a new sketch today, so for now some history of Rainbow Slash.
Spoiler
Show
When the concept first appeared, I threw this sketch together:
Spoiler
Show

Then I added the rest of the deail:
Spoiler
Show

And did a first (horrible) attempt at coloring:
Spoiler
Show

Utterly horrified by the result, I went back to the sketch, modified the pose and some detail:
Spoiler
Show

The magitek eye was in limbo at the moment, so the eyepatch version was found about 20% cooler:
Spoiler
Show

Then I colored it in my usual way:
Spoiler
Show

And then added some final tweaks:
Spoiler
Show

That was the final iteration of that version, this lil' avvie not counted:

Then, later, I went on to try a different pose, something cooler-looking.
Spoiler
Show

The magitek eye was still in limbo at that point, but the eyepatch would have to go on the foreground eye according to the story, and so the design ended up with both eyes intact:
Spoiler
Show

Thankfully, no redesigns were deemed necessary, so I went straight to coloring. I see now that I again colored the tail in the wrong order, but at the moment I'm somewhat too lazy to fix it.
Spoiler
Show

That's the final iteration of that version.

There is another one currently, which established the design you could see in the tree-slashing image I posted, but I'm not posting it until the fate of the second chapter of the story is clearer, specifically because it's from a part I was instrumental to the writing of. But I again colored the tail wrong... *headdesk* I really should pay more attention to the designs of the characters I'm drawing.