Both the effects of Paranoia in Dis and the Remorsefulness in Minauros suffer from overuse of tables and too many saves for too little effect.

If all it matters is whether the character is paranoid enough to attack his own party without there being any earlier consequences, I think you've set up a very poor test. It's too much work to force save after save for such a let down. Who cares if he's paranoid. If he attacks his party, they'll knock him out and gag him until the effects wear off. It is a lot of work for both the DM and the PCs to make all those saves for very little pay off.

The same is true for the remorsefulness. It is a lot of jumping through hoops (which gets boring very quickly) for a little bit ability drain, hit point drain or 10 points of damage.

Since very few adventuring parties will tackle going to any of the Planes at early levels, the consequences aren't challenging.

Rather let the environment have more interesting effects on the PCs. For example, a character who is crying should take -2 distraction penalty to saves and attacks. [ I just made up this penalty so bear with me].

A character who is paranoid should be: Jealous, easily offended, suspicious, humorless, secretive, vigilant; exaggerates magnitude of offenses against oneself, refuses to accept blame and might take a -2 penalty on all diplomacy check until he is cured.

If you make the PCs keep the paranoid effect until he has been one month out of Baator, that might be excessive.

See the rules for Sanity in the online SRD here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm

The problem with all the saves is that it detrimentally slow down the game and then it stops being fun and becomes boring. As a DM, that's the last thing I want. A save or two is fine. Saving very few rounds becomes tedious if they have to do it ad nuaseum because they can't escape from the place. It shouldn't become a shackle for the players and the DM.

Debby