1. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty: A Sims 3 Story LP

Like he himself said, it's not really a huge concern of his.

...I'm finally able to finish this chapter. I'm so glad for it to be done.

Chapter 32: The Figure in the Dark
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day began like any other. Well, any other birthday. None of us were really in the mood for a party (And I think Uriel was hung-over), but we had set out a couple of cakes for Orchid and Linden. I was coming back from City Hall with an award in hand -- it's like the one Reed has. Maybe they only have one sort of statue.

I guess I'll start by talking about Evanthe. We of course invited Ross to the kids' birthday; it's only natural, right? While the rest of the evening's action was going on, Evanthe was waiting out in the dusk for him to arrive. And then she saw him. His skin, gone slightly tinged with grey or white, something that turned the warmth of his colors cold. His eyes, lit from within, gone completely gold.

"...Ross. You're a vampire."
    "It was my father's idea."
    "...I see."
    "Are you upset?"
    "I love you, just the same."
    But that wasn't a yes, and it wasn't a no. Because there are some things that the rules of our lives, that the Immortal Dynasty rules, forbid. After Mom told be about it, she showed me the rules Uriel had been given.
    Household Matters, item 5.
    "•Vampires, mummies, and SimBots are not allowed in your household..."
    They disrupt the flow of time, virtually immortal themselves. TO bring one into the house... Would probably mean certain failure, even if it wasn't against the rules.
    "(Too late. I'm too late,)" she whispers as she wraps her arms around him. She had wanted to marry him -- one day, when it wouldn't be a drain on the family.
    And now that time would never come.

She cried into his shoulders, and she would not tell him why. His shoulders must have been so cold.

And the rest of us...
    Was I in the Dining Room already? Was I somewhere else, and came in through the extra door we installed for easier access? ...The sequence of events slips away from me; the sequence is riversilt and the color of light on water.

The color of light. That's the first thing that I can say existed with certainty. The color of the light was gold.

The color of the light around Daddy.
    "...So soon?"
    "...This...This a joke, right?"
    Uriel's always the first to notice this sort of thing. This time... This time, he felt like the last. Even me, limping mentally behind, understood.

"...I don't think it is. I think it's time."
    "G-good one, Billy. And you, too, Azrael. You can come out now, and put things back to normal.... Please?"

Then my mom's footsteps, from the hallway. She knew immediately -- before her eyes could even take in the scene, they were wide with shock and loss.

"Billy," she whispered. "No, please, no..."
    "I'm sorry, honey." He gave her a gentle smile.
    "D-don't say you're sorry... I can't think..." The sentence goes silent on her lips. She's spent time unimaginable in limbo, and she's had friends who have died.
    But she's never been without someone whom she truly loves. She never loved anyone who could die. She's never loved anyone who kissed her on the nape of her neck, or made her giggle in a shower of rose petals.
    "There's nothing you'd have to apologize for. I love you."
    She tried to smile. The last smile she could give Daddy... Didn't work. Her eyes were too red-rimmed, and the movement of her muscles sent the tears rolling down her face. She hiccuped, in the way of a small child trying very hard not to burst into tears.

And me?

I couldn't say anything. I had to watch them, I had to remember it -- to soak it in like color paletes and the way the light hit my mother's eyes, those big blue eyes with the intensity of a spring sky, when it reflected off her tears; as the tears slid down her face, and lit tracks against her freckles.

"Please. A little longer -- for my wife. Aren't you an old pal of hers? Please. Just let me --"
    "There is no allowance."
    Death said, calm and still, as if holding something back.
    "You rat-fink! Couldn'ta given us a day, could you, you heartless rat!" Uriel snarled. His voice was gaspy and full of tears. "I don't care, but darnit, what about her?! What about him?!"
    "...I cannot be merciful. I cannot be altered. I cannot be anything but Death itself," said the Angel of Death, swinging his head upward in a jointless motion. Then he added, in a cracking voice, "Or else. Say goodbye."

Maybe, to Daddy, begging didn't seem important. Not as the scythe came closer and closer, in a moment that stretched thin as spiderweb.
    "I love you," he said, as his white figure vanished.
    "I...I... Billy..." Mom whispered, to the empty air. "I knew this would happen. I knew... From the moment you kissed me...That you would break my heart.
    And you made me love you anyway, and love you forever."

"Idiot...You should have taken up jogging. Marathons. Vegitarianism. I hated you, you know that?
    I didn't care about you at all. Don't... D-don't you ever believe otherwise, alright? So...I'm not sad, understand, you dead jerk?!"

Uriel sobs as he sets up the grave. Hearing him and Mom cry... Is like listening to rain or piano music. It's like the first tears ever shed in the history of the world, completely without reserve.
    It's like the others, with two exceptions. The first is this: a chair, so Ariel can sit here when she feels like it... And the white roses he loved to give her, given back for good.

Billy (Caspian) Seraphim
    Who Lived His Life in the Love of Angels

Life wasn't allowed to freeze that night. It never is. As if they were ought to remind us of that, the children decided to age up without us.

First Orchid aged up, with a stubborn fiestyness that seemed to say 'No, I'm not getting left behind!' She's a rather Adventurous young lady.

And then Linden, following cautiously after. He's got a clever look, like a little Genius.

While we couldn't put the birthday cakes to good use, we could at least all celebrate their becoming children successfully... After everything that's happened over the past few days, for my daughter's sake, I want to forget. I want to be the sort of insane person who can make the past happen to somebody else. I'm not, but I can still pretend.
    But no matter what I pretend, this is still true:

The figure in the night of a crying angel with tatoo wings, weeping for the only man she'll ever love.

Spoiler
    Show
    A few authorial words for Billy.
    ...I don't even know where to begin. He was such a joy to write, right from the start.
    And, of course, nothing in this dynasty would have been possible without him. He provided almost all of the portraits so far, and the money for the house on top of that...And Ariel's ice sculptures, too.

And, I think, most importantly, he was the absolute most in-love sim husband I've ever played. He and Ariel couldn't be in a room together without rolling wishes to talk or kiss or woohoo. I tried to show how close and how very much in love those two were, but I don't think I could have succeeded without it being an endless montage of love. I think we'll all miss Billy - the first spouse is always the hardest to see go.

Aster's Requirements
    Spoiler
    Show

Lifetime Wish: Living in the Lap of Luxury
    Career: Architect (9/10)
    Supermax Skill: Painting (2/3)
    Building, Property: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner, Romper Recreational Park
    LTR: Innapropriate in a Good Way, Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative
    Best Friends: Ariel Seraphim, Reed (Joy) Seraphim, Evanthe Seraphim, Lindsay Coulter, Helmut Roderickson, Jacob Roderickson, Ross Dorman, Orchid Seraphim, Gabriel Seraphim, Cyriaque Cantu, Ami Oakley
    Black Ops: When Dream Come True, Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, A fishy science project, Outside Reading, Larger than Necessary Doorstop, Local Artists' Gallery
    Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teenager, YA
    Sculptures/Photos: Child (sculp), Teen (sculp), YA (sculpt and Photo)

Orchid's Requirements:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lifetime Wish:
    Career:
    Supermax Skill: Martial Arts (unless travelling glitch, then athletics)
    Building/Property:
    LTR:
    Best Friends: Aster Seraphim, Reed Seraphim, Linden Seraphim
    Black Ops:
    Portraits: Toddler
    Sculptures/Photographs Toddler (sculp&photo)

Glossary
    Spoiler
    Show

"...Jogging. Marathons. Vegitarianism": by "jogging. Marathons," Uriel is referring to an athletics skill challenge -- when a sim jogs or runs a certain distance with the athletics skill, they complete it...And, at least according to the game, it lengthens the life of the sim who completes it. The math is unverified for exactly how it does that, though. Likewise, the Vegitarian trait is said to increase the lifespan of the sim. Basically, Uriel's listing things Billy should have done to live longer.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-01-05 at 08:14 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...