Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
The proportions are slightly off for the human; legs are a little short. Remember that the waist-feet is the same length as head-waist.
Yeah, that's mostly due to me running out of space on the page so I stuck the feet on too high.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
Hi all, sorry I've been scarce, but this week has been hectic. I'm likely to be even more so next week as I'm out of town, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing when I return. I have been drawing though, but I'm frustrated with what I drew today and it's still sort of WIP-y, so have some anatomy sketches I've been doing.

Disclaimer: The reference I used for them was already drawn, rather than photos, so the shading was somewhat pre-figured out. Still my paper and materials are different enough that it still required some work to get right and I think I'm learning a bit about the process of shading...

Spoiler
Show
Excellent work on these!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Oddly enough, that was what I was thinking after watching this week's episode. Someone should do a Applebloom "Better then Expected Face", if it hasn't been done before. Since ponies don't have eyebrows it may be slightly tricky....
Your drawing is good, besides the anatomy issues that Sean Mirrsen brought up. But, as you showed, the show breaks those rules all the time as well. Foals can be rather tricky to draw (at least they are for me), so I congratulate you on a wonderful first go at it.

I really like the concept behind it though, Silver Spoon is a better pony then Diamond Tiara. Filthy Rich is a better pony then Diamond Tiara. Actually, one wonders how Diamond Tiara ended up so bitchy. Perhaps she doesn't have a mother and Filthy spoils her? Hmmm... One can only wonder.

Also, I just wanted to say on your Fluttershy pic, NIZE HAT!
Thanks very much! ^^ I made a conscious decision to make Silver's forelegs longer than normal because otherwise she would have been so close to Diamond as to be nearly on top of her. Perhaps I could have positioned them better, but oh well. Think I may colour that one at some point.

And yes, that is a NIZE HAT. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Now onto the two drawings that I jumbled together.

Spoiler
Show

This was my scene for the Ponies interacting challenge. Extremely WIP. But it is the pony thread. And I haven't been posting ponies. So I feel like I should post something.
It features Twist looking on while the CMC discuss things, unsure of whether to come up and say hello to Applebloom, or just slink away. I was going for a Ponyville street for a setting. The houses are a bit more crooked and cartoony then they are in the show even. I may or may not change it. The blasted horizon line is there, mocking me and the vanishing point is off the canvas somewhere. So those lines are flying all over! I didn't get to finish the rough Sweet Belle, so her eyes are blank. And Scoot is a bunch of shapes and stuff just like the background pony roughs floating around.
Yeah, I'll try to finish this picture this week!

Spoiler
Show

And some bonus non-pony art!
Yeah, I got nothing to say on this one. This was a warm up before I started drawing the Pony scene.
However~!
This is my first ever camel I have ever drawn! True, it's a cartoony camel, and I was too lazy to bother with it's legs, but I feel like this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I didn't get around to finishing the faces at the bottom.
Spoiler
Show

Both pictures look very good! The perspective on the first is spot on. The second is just kinda fun looking. What kind of creature is the rider?