View Single Post

Thread: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

1. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Battle Royale III: Frenemy mine.

Can you elaborate on this? Did he escape under his own power or...
    After smashing the army and spacefleet of a planet, Doomsday gets in a fight with the GL corps. After a massive battle raging across multiple space sectors and resulting in the deaths of thousands of Lanterns, Doomsday arrives on Oa. In a battle with the Guardians, they unleash what looks like a black hole, which rips an entire continent out of the planet, as well as taking down Doomsday. They think he has been obliterated, but he manages to escape.

Full disclosure, Doomsday does have GL ring for much of the battle. Although it is destroyed before he is cast into the Black Hole.

Also noteworthy, Doomsday battles a being called the Radiant, and the site of their battle is an entire continent turned to glass through the power of the energy unleashed.

Both of these are defeats Doomsday suffered several hundred thousand years before battling Superman. Doomsday goes up against the Radiant again in a Superman miniseries and kills him incredibly quickly, having adapted to disperse energy.

Didn't he do that by making a gas tanker explode in Superman's face?
    No. He did that by repeatedly punching Superman, in a duel that crossed over a massive area and included the Armed forces, Legion and Cadmus, Supergirl, the Justice League and others all intervening to help Superman and being roundly defeated. An exploding gas tanker briefly serves as a distraction to Superman allowing Doomsday to move the fight to Metropolis, but it doesn't injure him.

And hasn't Superman since beaten up armies of Doomsdays at once?
    I hear so, although I haven't personally read it. However, clones and copies are basically always rubbish.

The second time Doomsday and Superman fought, Supes packed special Kryptonite battle gear, and was actually defeated in even shorter order. Relying on a timely intervention from Waverider to save him.

EDIT:
    I'm pretty sure every member of the Justice League has knocked out the entire Justice League by now, including the guys with no powers.
    This is a fair point, and I'll endeavour to find some better examples for J'onn.
    Last edited by Selrahc; 2012-01-09 at 03:38 PM.