Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
Spoiler
Show

This one is a pony, no pony in particular, dressed in armour similar to that of the royal guards. Not too bad, I think, considering my lack of practice. The shape of his head does look a bit odd. I would have liked to add some more detail to the armour, or perhaps shaded it in some way. Though I wouldn't have a clue how to go about that.
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who decided to participate in the ATG.
I'm no artist, but in the spirit of the thread here's my 2 cents: the snout is too narrow for a male pony, the eyes need to be a bit larger. The left hind leg looks like it's behind the belly because of how the lines intersect. All in all a solid first day. I wouldn't start adding detail yet, it distracts from learning to draw the general shape consistently pony-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
Some pony art,

Spoiler
Show
I didn't get around to drawing anything serious today because of certain real life distractions. But I did draw Applejack with random shading! Yay for greyscale pictures!
I didn't use any references for this AJ so she's off model. And wearing a dirty apron, at first it was clean, but then I remembered, this is Applejack, I'm sure when baking she gets down and dirty.

The mane is gorgeous and the face is nice, but hind legs look off. Maybe they are too thin? I'm not sure. The tail is hard to recognize too. It's difficult to imagine a tail laying on the ground, so I wouldn't know how to fix that. The apron I liked, but the pie looks like it's about to fall, she's holding it by the corner of the crust and it already started tipping. Maybe I was just looking at it too hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
Anyway, on to my ATG thing for today.
Spoiler
Show

I hate this one so much :/ There was no inspiration here, unlike the Flutterknight picture. I don't think it helps that I was in kind of a "meh" mood today. Before I knew it I had drawn a bland looking picture of a pony in a default stance. Way to challenge yourself, Diego.

I also have no idea why it scanned so bright either.

Ah well, they can't all be winners. I may well take another shot tomorrow, assuming there's time.
I really like the mane? But seriously, the mane and tail, as well as the general shape is very pony. The hind legs seem a bit thick at the ankle. Also, the front legs are a bit longer than the rear ones. The arrow and target could be better, but they weren't your focus, were they?

My own (not yet submitted) submissions to the ATG:
Spoiler
Show

I tried to be inspired by the structure of real horse armor. I still have trouble drawing... anything, really. Inked with a marker, Photoshopped for color and better contrast.

This was fun, if too time-consuming. I have this habit of aiming too high. I shouldn't be trying to draw crossovers yet, I still have trouble with eyes and poses... Pencil sketch > phone camera > Paint Tool Sai linework layer > another layer for colors.