Ancano, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I have to tell you that you are going to continue to be disappointed. I have virtually no interest in spending time spoofing the D&D rules anymore, especially since the rules the comic originally ran on were superseded years ago (and stand to be superseded again next year by 5th Edition). It simply doesn't interest me as a creator anymore; I have nothing left to say about it.

Basically, it comes down to a choice between moving OOTS away from D&D jokes, or ending OOTS and starting something different altogether. I'm not done with these characters yet, so I chose the former. But bringing back more tired jokes about skill points or feats or whatever is simply not in the cards. I did that, for a long time. I'm doing something else now. I'm sorry if you don't like it anymore, but there are plenty of people who do, so I'll write it for them.

As far as wishing I had never used the D&D rules, I can't say that, because it was a major reason I broke out of the pack of webcomics. But the truth is that almost everyone who has ever played 3.5 D&D has heard of the Order of the Stick already. Expanding to find new readers means going beyond that base, and the heavy rules emphasis in the early strips is a barrier for anyone not already playing the game. There's a fine line between a niche and a pigeonhole, after all.