1. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: In the Name of the Lord God Almighty, Thou Shalt Perish! (3.5 Base Class, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    Ferocious Smite (Ex): Starting at 15th level, whenever a fanatic uses the Fanatical Smite ability at the end of a charge, his first successful Smite deals extra damage equal to six times his class level (this overrides Rampaging Smite). Additionally, his normal Fanatical Smite ability improves, dealing additional damage equal to four times his class level (this also overrides Rampaging Smite).
    Not sure if this is too much, but there are better numbers people on these boards than me, so I will just say that if this is reasonable then I may need to beef up the damage bonuses (on some AoOs) that I gave my class, especially since they are supposed to be able to be effective with those specific sorts of attacks without much feat or gold-piece investment.
    Quadruple Smite (Ex): Starting at 16th level, when a fanatic makes a full-round attack, he may apply one daily use of his Fanatical Smite ability to up to four attacks (he may still use additional uses to Smite with his other attacks, if he has any). If he does this, he must select his Smite-Enhancement ability (if he chooses to use one) with his first attack, and may not switch afterwards.
    Third verse, same as the first two... not much to say here.
    Enervating Smite (Sm): A creature hit with an Enervating Smite gains two negative levels. These negative levels fade in one hour.
    Seems a bit sudden to go from nothing to two levels at once, but... you may not want to bother with splitting this, and I admit to a strong personal bias against things that suddenly jump up rather than being "smooth".
    Constricting Smite (Sm): A creature hit by a Constricting Smite must make a Will save or be held. Each round it must make a Will save or be held again. This effect continues until the creature saves, after that it is freed entirely. If used against a creature who is already suffering from a Constricting Smite, the creature must make a Will save or suffer a cumulative -2 penalty to all its saving throws against being held until its current Constricting Smite condition ends.
    The penalties aren't going to have time to add up on this in many cases since rather than just whaling on it, you should either be attacking other targets, or take the full-round action to coup-de-grace in most cases. There might be a few in-between cases where this would actually be important, but it isn't going to come up much.
    Absolute Smite (Su): Starting at 19th level, when a fanatic uses the Fanatical Smite ability, his attack ignores all hardness, damage reduction, and regeneration.
    Semantic point: Regeneration is "overcome" not "ignored" AFAIK. Might want to make X/- DR the exception, but that may just be my personal pet peeve.
    Eviscerating Smite (Ex): Starting at 20th level, whenever a fanatic uses the Fanatical Smite ability at the end of a charge, his first successful Smite deals extra damage equal to eight times his class level (this overrides Ferocious Smite).
    Eh... as I said, I am not a numbers guy.
    Debilitating Smite (Ex): Starting at 20th level, a fanatic may apply up to two different Smite-Enhancement abilities to a single Fanatical Smite attack.
    This re-raises the point about having to use Fanatical Smite for every attack of a full-attack if you use it for any once you have the Double-Smite ability. Might want to clarify how that works. Other than that... very powerful, especially as an at-will... but it is a capstone, so limiting it to 3/rounds per day or whatever may not be necessary.

Variant Class: The Enforcer
    The enforcer is a less rebellious fanatic, one who does not push his views and his justice on others as forcefully, and even puts his faith second to the rules sometimes.

Alignment: An enforcer's alignment must match his deity's alignment. If his deity is Chaotic, then he is a normal fanatic rather than an enforcer.

Detect Opposition: An enforcer does not gain the ability to detect law at will. If he is lawful, he gains the ability to detect chaos at will. This ability otherwise functions as normal. A true neutral enforcer does not receive the benefits of detect opposition.
    Boiler-plate... not much to say here except that maybe should explicitly specify that the same rules for getting Detect Evil and Detect Good still apply.
    Aura of the Chaotic Champion: An enforcer does not gain an Aura of the Chaotic Champion. Instead, he chooses one component of his alignment (Good, Lawful, or Evil) and projects an aura of that alignment equal to his character level instead. A true neutral enforcer does not project an aura.
    Yawn... looks fine, don't change a thing.
    Lesser Chaotic Smite: An enforcer does not gain the benefits of Lesser Chaotic Smite. An enforcer's 2nd level simply contains Augment Smite, it does not offer him the use of any Smite-Enhancement Abilities until he gets Sickening Smite at 3rd level.
    Meh... a bit of a power down, but coming up with two or three other abilities would be a pain.
    Chaotic Smite: An enforcer does not gain the benefits of Chaotic Smite. An enforcer does not receive any class features at 9th level.
    See above.
    Anarchic Smite: When an enforcer reaches 7th level, he chooses one component of his alignment (Lawful, Good, or Evil). Whenever he uses his Fanatical Smite ability, an enforcer treats his weapon as if it were that alignment for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. If the enforcer chose Lawful, he deals an extra +2d6 with his Fanatical Smite to chaotic creatures, and calls this ability Axiomatic Smite. If the enforcer chose Good, he deals an extra +2d6 to evil creatures and calls this ability Holy Smite. If the enforcer chose Evil, he deals an extra +2d6 to good creatures and calls this ability Unholy Smite. The extra damage is not multiplied on a critical hit. This is a supernatural ability. A true neutral enforcer does not gain the benefits of Anarchic Smite, and receives no class features at 7th level.
    Boiler-plate. Nothing to say here.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-01-24 at 08:21 PM.
    Running: Ruceeglaelsktinag IC OOC Active Map
    Power Rangers:"BIG TWIST!!" (working title) IC OOC Active Map:None.
    For everything else (including my extensive homebrew) see: Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.