1. - Top - End - #763
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Masters of the Sword: A Warblade's Handbook [Under Construction]

Quote Originally Posted by Elfin View Post
    This was a maneuver progression that I wrote up for a charger-type, but it's pretty generic and would work well for many builds. The focus is on Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, and White Raven; you could focus on Tiger Claw rather than White Raven by switching the levels at which you take Blood in the Water and Leading the Charge, picking Steel Wind rather than Wolf Fang Strike at first, taking Leaping Dragon Stance rather than Press the Advantage, taking Feral Death Blow rather than War Master's Charge, and replacing White Raven Hammer with a maneuver of your choice. The L10-12 maneuver choices are also very malleable.
    Thank you for your input Elfin. I have a couple of questions:
    1. what maneuvers would you generally keep readied?
    2. having at most only two counters (moment of perfect mind and wall of blades, if you keep both ready) how much would be useful Stance of Alacrity? Aren't there better stances to be in?

I'm concerned because while SoA obviously gives the best when you use one counter per round, on the other hand is useless if you don't have (readied) counters. It seems to me that you have to keep ready a reasonable amount of counters and you have to refresh your maneuver as soon as you end your counters for SoA to be effective (without considering that you are reactive and not proactive: no counterable action from your opponents, no use for counters).
    Am I missing something?
    Last edited by kingtk3; 2012-01-30 at 05:55 PM.