Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
Think it's more likely that Miko started this idea that Rich hates paladins, because nobody seemed to get that Miko was the specific example of how NOT to play a paladin in Rich's eyes--e.g. Detect Evil on everything and smite if it glows! We'd already seen plenty of better examples of paladins by the time #448 rolled around, but the "Rich hates paladins" idea was thoroughly ingrained into the forum consciousness at that point.
I agree - my point as far as the "Rich hates paladins" thing goes is that it's just very jarring to read people complaining about this alleged bias when nowadays, speaking from a very broad stereotypical standpoint, it's the forum-dwellers who hate paladins. It's hardly a universal attitude, but (for instance) I remember following the 827 discussion, and despite the general tone of "Thanh! Nooooo!", there were a few people legitimately cheering Redcloak on. And in most other threads, it's more then a few. Either attitude is sort of a fringe view, but I just think it's very odd to see the reversal, and I figure that SoD is the most likely reason this changed. Everyone's a sucker for a tragic villain's backstory...