Quote Originally Posted by Xapi View Post
I think a specific article on Wikipedia about the KS drive is a bad idea. I'd much rather spend time and effort making a better, more complete article for the OOTS, including the information regarding the drive.
Both efforts can, and should, be done in parallel.

The OOTS article can, and should, have information about the impact of the Drive *on* the OOTS universe, the additional material, the stuff, the fact that Giant can now reinact the scene of Haley counting bags full of gold pieces, etc. It should have a crossreference to the Kickstarter article and the Drive article (once it's live)

The OOTS Kickstater Drive article can, and should, have information about the impact of the Drive on the wider world. Stuff like how it inspired a number of other webcomics (erfworld and a couple of others I've seen) to do their own, media discussions about crowd sourcing as a creative funding source, criticism (there has been some) of the way it worked, impacts on Kickstarter, etc.

When you look at it that way, making both articles makes sense. I also note that I don't edit the OOTS article, so it's not like the time I spent putting the other one together hurts the main article at all