View Single Post

Thread: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

1. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

WHERE DOING IT MAN. WHERE MAKING THIS HAPPEN.

@Tavar
    Spoiler
    Show

This is very intense; I love how you've captured the setting and tone. Your use of the various fonts & colors was very well done as well; you bring across very clearly what's going on without needing to say it. Sounds like it would have been a great game

I just had a couple nitpicks; there's a weird tense thing going on in the second paragraph and a couple typos sprinkled around, but nothing awful. This was a really enjoyable read (and again, I find myself wanting to go pick up Exalted...)

@SleepyShadow
    Spoiler
    Show

Ha! This was fun to read; the interview setup was hilarious (though I wish the PCs would have at least tried to haggle a bit). Ellis is great. You got her cheerful, snarky demeanor down perfectly, and Herodrith's despondent attitude towards bards is so easy to visualize (is there any class he doesn't hate?) I have to admit the very beginning threw me off a bit though-- from the way you began the snippet I was expecting the PCs to be actually interacting with Sam. Keep 'em coming!

@Winds
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh man, low-level misadventures are the best. Good times. I really liked Kalach's comment at the readers of his journal-- very smooth way to handle the exposition problems inherent in journal entries. I wish that voice was more persistent though; the few paragraphs didn't preserve the sense of who he is as strongly, I felt. Hopefully your group plays more often than mine; I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes (monk levels for everyone? I certainly hope so).
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2012-03-01 at 05:15 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000