Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
So I did Foundry last night, and personally I think this should have been the title for beating the last boss:

Spoiler
Show
"[Name], Destroyer of KoTOR Players' Hopes and Dreams"

That was definitely the coolest boss fight I've done so far, especially the lead-up to it. My thoughts: "Oh snap, he's putting the mask on. This is about to get REAL." Which it eventually did, in the form of his dropping asteroids on us.

HK-47 was, of course, about amusing as expected.
Yesterday I discovered that you have to do the normal mode of a FP before you can do the hard mode. At least, this is the case for Boarding Party and Foundry. Also, if you do BP, skip Foundry, and end up abandoning the quest because when it turns gray, you have to start over with BP before you can do Foundry. On the bright side, both FPs are easy for a 50 operative to solo, even with a dps companion (Ensign Temple) out.
Spoiler
Show
Does my memory fail me, or did they not get the same VA to do HK-47? I was all excited when I saw him, but that was quickly tempered by disappointment when he sounded different. And I was annoyed when my companion got smashed and her corpse was nowhere so I couldn't battle ress her - made the fight stupidly long.

It was also a bit of a letdown that they came down hard on a canonical Revan. And an annoyance when he charged my companion and threw her off the platform, combined with whatever BS ability he has that never misses, stuns for ~5 seconds, and ends with a blow that, even when it misses, knocks you down (which he spams - the CD seemed to be in the neighborhood of 10-15 seconds, so nearly half the fight I was sitting there unable to do anything), made this the stupidly longest fight I've had in game so far. And I solo every champion rank mob I come across for gits and shiggles (and purples), so I've had plenty of long, hard fights.

Does anyone know for sure if Directive 7, False Emperor, and Battle of Ilum are the same? I'll assume that they are, and look for a group to hit at least one of those tonight if that's the case. If not, I won't worry about it - hard modes don't seem to actually be very hard.