I did drop the group quest for Foundry, but I still couldn't talk to the NPC outside BP to start the hard mode, nor could anyone in my group share the quest, nor could I zone into the FP without the quest in my log. Maybe that's a bug, but it doesn't matter as both are available to me now after soloing them.

On the plus side, I really like the trenchcoat I got out of BP, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. And it will look good on Ensign Temple once I switch to my social set later this week. I bought armoring for all the pieces with daily commendations and am doing Lights Out, taking Temple's weapon, and ripping the mod and enhancement out and plugging them into the slots - once I finish outfitting myself, I'll likely do the same for my team, though I'll probably need to blow a lot of my old commendations on moddable gear (for those that I can't find dailies which give a moddable piece as one of the rewards). Or maybe I'll just wait for the patch that makes social sets take on the armor class of whoever's using them. It would be pretty cool to have my whole team match my outfit, but 2 weeks per character to farm the commendations, with no way to speed that up/brush it off on someone else/an alt...