1. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Command Swarm
    Are the "Or"s really necessary? What's the difference between moving in a path of your choice and towards the nearest target? There isn't a point cost difference or other opportunity cost, just your choice of action.
    Whenever there's an "Or," the first option lets you move the swarm at twice its normal speed. So you have to choose between speed and precision.

Agile Swarm
    May I suggest refluffing this as a continuous swarm floating around the Swarmlord and change the dodge bonus to a deflection bonus?

Evasive Swarm
    Like Agile Swarm, I'd just suggest refluffing this as the swarm around the Swarmlord taking/mitigating the blow. Also, do you want this ability to allow Swarmlords to qualify for things that require the Evasion class feature? If so, you probably want to make a note of that.
    These abilities only apply to the swarms, not to the swarmlord itself. I changed the wording to make this clearer.

Penetrating Swarm
    This ability is kind of powerful in my opinion. The Penetrating Strike feat only allows the ignoring of 5 points of DR (though doesn't affect DR X/-) and even then a Fighter can't take it until 12th level.

Greater Swarm
    See, this still feels weak as a capstone to me. It's much better than your last one though. Maybe someone else can give an opinion on it, but I still feel that a capstone should be something flat out amazing.
    Okay, then. Penetrating Swarm now ignores only 10 points of DR until 20th level.
    Last edited by Tarvon000; 2012-03-06 at 12:18 AM.