1. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Only killing villians. I'm pretty sure most hero's are good even though they kill people.
    An "assassin" though is someone who's sole profession is the art of killing another living, sentient being. When it comes down to the line and the end of the day draws to a close, the only answer that enters the mind of the individual such as that is the curtailing of someone or something's life. Even when used for good ends, the act of murder is, at best, a neutral act. Yes, those who are squarely in the good alignment kill, but they do this generally as an action of last resort. The good alignment espouses mercy, kindness, forgiveness and the attempt to take a heinous foe prisoner for potential rehabilitation before exerting the most final of methods.

TL;DR: Good people may kill but assassin kill as their bread and butter.

Knoweldge (Local) is meant to be there seems I forgot it. Knowledge (Nature) is their so they can identify spiders and get Child of Araneae. I didn't want to add Knowledge (Nobility) as I thought it might cause it to have too many class skills
    Eh, you can never have too many class skills really. Once you multiclass and dip here and there you can pretty much grab every skill as a class skill before level 4 and still have a good build.

I would suggest expanding the use/necessity of Knowledge (Nature) for the class then to make it less tacked on and more important for the flavor and mechanics of the class.

Gave it better sneak attack, think I may have stuffed up the wording though.
    A little. Just end the sentence after the 5 and start a new sentence saying something like, "The animal companion possesses half its master's sneak attack dice as well".

I'll reword it.
    Alrighty.

Its the Weapons Training Talent from Pathfinders Rogue so it should be realitively balanced... I'll try and beef it up.
    Emphasis on the concept of "should". Pathfinder may have done a lot of good things, but it didn't particularly change the tier system too much or fix every problem. So don't feel scared to make the Spider Blood Assassin better than the Rogue.

Sorry I'll fix.
    Looks good.

This has the exact same wording and formatting as the Assassin Ability of the same name. Thats why it is like how it is.. Why change what is canon in Pathfinder.
    Because that's why we homebrew good sir. Because that's why we homebrew.

On a serious note though, just because Pathfinder did something one way or named something a certain way doesn't mean we can't tweak it or give it a better window dressing. The wonderful folks at Paizo are no more infallible than you or I.

But it's ultimately up to you to decide to take any advice or critiques I offer, so go with what feels right to you.

At the very least, change the name of the ability. It honestly makes the table look sort of clunky.

I tried to think of one but nothing came to mind.... I'll try again.

I'll try and think up some more Techniques and the Capstone.
    I definitely suggest adding in more spider related and themed abilities. Don't feel above cribbing from other fictional sources (like the multiple incarnations of Spider-man for example) when looking for inspiration.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-03-06 at 06:48 PM.

Unique Gourgeist avatar by araveugnitsuga

I run a Pokemon Wonder Trade blog now, so feel free to take a look.