Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
Spoiler
Show
Personally, I think they should give at least one pegasus (apart from Pound Cake) at least one relative before they go on tacking more onto the other-race characters.

Seriously. Apart from him a random pair of background pegasi in Sisterhooves Social, there is no actual indication I can find that any pegasus is related to any other pony. Whereas we've got oodles of Apples, Rarity's sister and parents, Twilight's (implied) parents and now brother, Pinkie's parents and sisters... and not a letter, phoneme, or pixel for Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy.
Spoiler
Show
Well, there probably up in the clouds, and it would probably be hard for them to actualy go on a trip when they would have a nice, ground-free lifestyle. Heck, seeing just how competive Cloudsdale was (bullies never realy got punished on screen, arses mocked flutters, ect), they are presumably raised to be rather indipendent. Fluttershy, presumably, has little reason to go back to the place that made her childhood a wreak, and Dash presumably is having to much fun with her job and her friends for a visit to cross her mind. You dont see much of there parents because, presumably, they are controling the weather elsewhere, or they have other jobs to deal with. Like, say, makeing liquid rainbows or churning up big clouds in isolated areas.

Scootalo may simply have a mother who works the night-weather shift somewhere, and the reason she has so much free time is because her father works in Cloudsdale. I know that this is entirely feasible, because I have a parent who comes home around 3am-ish and leaves for work at around six. Hence, plenty of time for a filly to goof off.