2012-03-08, 08:20 AM (ISO 8601)
[3.5 Race] Goflings
I homebrew a new player race, I would appricate all criticism and suggestions how to make average NPC/enemy version.
Even more unusual than an union between Human and Orc is one between Halfling and Goblin. However, such a thing is not only possible, but can produce an offspring. These creatures are called Goflings. Small and incredibly agile, but also fragile, they inherit the best and the worst of both worlds. Many times they have also shown to have an intellect above that of an average Goblin or Halfling. They, however, are not as fast as their Goblin parents and do not share their bond with Wargs - in fact, they Golfings seem to be hated by most animals. Many races, like Orcs or Gnolls, have recognized their abilities and kidnap Halflings and Goblins for selective breeding, to produce packs of agile, small and cowardly slaves that can go where their masters can't. Goflings are naturally fearful, often motivated to go on dangerous missions only by the fear of their masters. Free Goflings do exist and can be often found in large cities, making a living by using their abilities as pickpockets and burglars
* +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma - Goflings inherit their parent races' agility and are suprisingly inteligent, but are physically frail
* Small: + 1 to Armor Class, +1 to attack rolls, +4 to Hide, -4 to Grapple, can use only smaller weapons, lifting and carrying limits equal 3/4 of those for Medium characters.
* Mixed Blood: For an effects related to race, Golfling is considered both Halfling and Goblin.
* Base land speed: 20 feet
* +2 Racial Bonus to Climb, Jump, Listen and +4 to Move Silently
* Coward: Goflings gets -2 to all saving throws against fear.
* Terrible With Animals: Goflings gets -2 to all Ride and Handle Animal checks.
Automatic Languages: Halfling and Goblin, Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Orc, Gnoll.
* Darkvision up to 60 feet.
* Favored Class: Rogue.
Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-06-04 at 07:08 AM.