Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Tsk, tsk and tsk, Thanqol.

Spoiler
    Show

And as an added bonus:

Spoiler
    Show

I learned about this relationship of bodyparts in GenGame. Everything plugs into something else; nothing overlaps.
    I blame anime (I swear, the day I'm able to remember every lesson I've committed to learning rather than just some of them will be the day I'm a good artist). Fixes shall be forthcoming, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    As often seems to be the case, you've been somewhat generous with the bewbie, Dom. Not enought to be unrealistic, mind. Also, if it's a character who's already established to be bigger busted (I dip in and out, my memory for the specifics is poor) then well... hey-ho. Such folk are out there, after all. [shrugs]

The faces/heads in Thanq's sketch could use a little bit more dimension too, they look a bit like flat shapes as is. The mood and atmosphere of this piece is very strong though.
    Ink sketches will always look flat, I think; I'm intending to try and add depth when I get to colouring. That's just my own perception; if you've got a method that'd let me add depth at the ink sketch level I'd love to hear it.

And you've been so good at keeping up with posting something every day for this project, Thanqol: yeah, I'm pretty sure you've missed the odd day here or there, but you generally make up for it by posting extra later, and the thread hasn't gone into a slump for more than a week or so, has it? I'm pretty envious about that.
    I'm offended . I have not missed a single day, not one. I'm only two and a half months off having gone for an entire year with a picture every single day, rain or shine, with absolutely no excuses.

And I've had excuses; there were plenty of days when I did not want to draw at all, or had other stuff, or work, or was tired or on fire or whatever. Did it anyway.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-10 at 10:05 PM.
    404. like my life
    405. not a rhyme