Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
I rather like these elves. They remind me a lot of elves I did once, where they would changed their skin to reflect the type of ground they walked on. So they'd turn beige-yellow on sand dunes, red while walking on red clay, and dark if they were on fertile soil or a swamp. Very different from the usual crop of pointy eared immortals.
Thanks, I was trying to think "how could I shy away from the Tolkien standard?" and that was the result. Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
Earth and Water create Abjuration? The water carries the spells, the earth cements them in reality. And Enchantment is represented through Earth and Air. Again, the Air is the suggestion, the Earth is a compulsion to act as you say. Maybe this helps, I'm not sure.
Enchantment would probably fall under Water Conjuration, (water gets a lot of mind-affecting stuff), while Abjuration could work as Earth and Air, but I'm not sure. The thing is, I'd like to tie it to a) a physical example of the element or b) one secondary power. Air, for example, gets weather magic and teleportation, while water magic gets to manipulate liquids of any type (including brain fluid, hence the mind-affecting stuff) and gets cold and Ice spells as its secondary. Fire gets heat and flame, of course, but also silent-image type illusions (like controllable mirages or holograms). Earth, in this model, gets to shape solid matter (whether that be trees or stone shape doesn't matter), but also gets antimagic. Going back to Abjuration, it might work better as an entirely different school of magic (I'm debating adding it to the OP as one connected to all 4 elements, that is), because Wall of X would naturally be connected to X element, Protection from Arrows would be Air (think about it - an arrow fired into a cyclone wouldn't hit the target in the center), Dispel Magic Earth, Cloak of Chaos barely fits under Water, and Dismissal is a similarly tenuous leap for Fire.