Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
There's also Eunuch Warlock.

At any rate, I caught the refference to Misfile, but that "Ritual of Truenaming" one has me lost. Google-fu just turns up a bunch of websplat to make truenamers not suck. (Most of which doesn't actually make them not suck)
I will check out the Eunuch Warlock then. It might be interesting.

It's more a joke of how truenames work in my campaign setting. In my campaign setting your truename is basically your life story (helped via the artifact that is a book that reveals your life story and truename if you read it).

So by using the ritual of renaming and giving them a new truename you can basically rewrite who they are mentally, physically, and metaphysically.

It is not uncommon if someone has been unnamed to alter them in a way to prevent abuse. For example making a brunette have blonde hair or a demon who is sick of being summoned to have slightly darker/lighter skin.

And before you ask, yes you could use a forced ritual of truenaming to basically mindrape a person into an entirely different entity. You would probably end up going to the netherworlds after you die, but you could do it. You can also use it to delete memories that you don't want like memories of abuse and such.

Of course it is a level 8 spell that requires you to know the person's original truename so it's pretty powerful.