View Single Post

Thread: The Minds of Almantha

1. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Minds of Almantha

Sorry about the delay, I completely forgot that the server ate my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    Total brainfart. I completely forgot about the water=scry stuff. Instead, how about a group that created and maintains a massive communications network. There's a massive series of Towers strung out across the world, each just outside of visual range of each other, and message-carriers teleport from one tower to the next and hand off the message to the waiting members of the order there, who then have someone with fresh spell slots continue on to the next. It's like a magical pony express. In that it's magic and acts like the Pony Express, not that it's a message system using magic ponies.
    I like the idea. However, the post office shouldn't extend far beyond Saalarann's domain. It would be impractical for them to have an office in Aquacor (Aqua changes the skyline like a socialite changes clothes), and Dekon and Obsid have their own ways to get information from place to place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
    As for the name. Google Translate doesn't translate Arabic into a Latin Alphabet . So I went with Finnish and simply combined the words for "Wind" and "Reader". If you know what that is in Arabic you could still use the same name.
    Wind is loosely translated as "habb", reader as "alqar'e". On another note, I was thinking of what the name for the Teleport express could be, and I thought, "why not "wind-riders"?" Thus, the word for "rider" in arabic is "alerakeb."
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-03-24 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by blauregen View Post
    Now witness the power of this fully operational railroad engine.