1. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5e Base Class] The Conceptualist (PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    I can't wait to see the circles. This class looks pretty cool.
    One thing I might add to Deconceptualize is some sort of penalty on a failed resurrection. Otherwise what's to stop someone from casting it twice.
    Am God Am I is a pretty sweet ability. Originally I was worried about its power, but then noticed the conceptualist would have to drag somebody into his demiplane and things created couldn't actually leave. A question about the cumulative +1 though, because of how it's worded. Does it apply to the DC needed to escape or does it apply as a bonus to their save?
    Deconceptualize: You're effectively flipping a coin to see if it works, and spending 25k gp either way. The effect was based off of the Barghest's feast spell. It's meant to make it darn difficult and very expensive to bring Deconceptualized people back - not impossible. If they have followers willing to spend 25,000gp on them multiple times, I think they deserve to come back. Though if it fails the first time and they don't understand what's going on, they may give up.

A God am I: Bonus is to the save roll, not the DC. I'll clarify that.

Glad you like the class!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    EDIT > Another question about Am God Am I. If the conceptualist creates bread and somebody eats it and then leaves, do they gain sustenance?
    That is a very good question, and one that I thought of.

And one that I haven't come up with an answer for. I want players to be able to chill in the Realm, but based on science and biology, spending a month in there will result in a large portion of your water weight being from the Realm, unless you're very careful. So then if you leave, do you lose all that? But if not, you end up with players trying to swallow diamonds or somesuch.

I think I'll just say that they keep any substance that has been digested or is in the process of being digested, subject to DM approval. That ought to cover it.

Editedit:

Once I finish with this, I can make the PrC for Conceptualist/Wizard/Psion/Archivist! Oh joy!
    Last edited by Welknair; 2012-03-27 at 12:24 AM.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature