Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
Personally, I thought that her stance on aliens is justified. She doesn't hate aliens. She fights alongside them. She trusts her life to Garrus, Tali, Liara and Wrex. But she is an Alliance soldier. It's her job to look out for humanity, and she has every right to not be comfortable with Wrex and Garrus, because she doesn't like the idea of potential enemies gathering intel on the Alliance. My cousin's a U.S. marine and I can guarantee that he wouldn't be comfortable with foreign soldiers wandering around the base he's stationed on. Because that's his job.

Her family was made into a scapegoat, and she has every right to have issues about it. I certainly would.

As for her religion...It's not like she's a religious nut-case, but she puts a great deal of faith in her religious beliefs. She came off as a little self-conscious about to me.
The alien thing is more sensitive to me, because I live in a rural area a half hour away from the city proper. The xenophobia comes off as racism because I can still hear blatantly racists things said out in the open like it's acceptable. Her religious views were just something she made into a big confession while Shep was just looking confused going "...okay?" followed by "You need to break up with your girlfriend."