1. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

OK, edit continues!

Couldn't resist expanding this:
    Force Blast(SU): The first sign of the wandering Telekineticist would have been the tree, upside down in the keep's main tower. Then of course there were the cows...OK, what was left of the cows, all over the town square. Though, the thing that really stuck in the minds of Griftshire's people was the day the prince crash landed, upside down, and slightly exploded, on the pulpit halfway through the holyday sermon. As it turns out, Telekineticists aren't always subtle.

Problem here:
    Wild Talent: His powers weren't born from years of study; his powers were born from the his wild imagination.

Far Trick(SU): "Not very long ago, you thought that because you tied me up and surrounded me with guards I was no longer a threat. Would you care to re-assess?" ~A Telekineticist after disarming and grappling his captors from a chair in the corner of the room.

Because I already had something in mind here:
    Martial Skill (EX): "Do you know how easy it is to train with a weapon when your body doesn't get in the way? No? Wouldn't have thought so..." ~A Telekineticist discussing his satchel of unusual weaponry with an incredulous guardsman.

Because fun is the point, and always should be :
    Focused Shield(SU):"You know what's fun? A good fight. You know what isn't fun? An unfair fight. Let's just fix this real quick...and there we go. Now this is good fight fun."

Also figured I'd have a stab at rewording Singularity (nearly no rule changes except slight unification of repulsion/attraction, mostly just a clarification/simplification edit):
    Singularity
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a standard action, you may use one Hand to create a Singularity point anywhere within your TK range. The Singularity may effect any number of creatures (not objects, although undead are susceptible) within 30' of it's center point, even if this would go beyond your TK range. Each target creature must be hit with a ranged touch attack from an unoccupied Hand, whereupon they must succeed a Fortitude save or be affected by the Singularity point. To target a creature it must weigh no more than 50lbs/level. You may use additional hands to increase the save DC and maximum weight for a target, each additional Hand yields +2 DC or +50lbs/level. You may dismiss Singularity as a free action.

The Singularity may be used in one of two ways, attraction or repulsion. These are detailed separately below:

Under attraction, all affected creatures are drawn towards the Singularity, where they collide with each other and are held. Upon collision, all targets take bludgeoning damage equal to 2d6/10' each target traveled put together (for example, there are 3 targets. Target A travels 20', target B travels 10' and target C travels 30'. Upon collision at the center they each take 12d6 bludgeoning damage).

Every round at the start of their turn, affected creatures get a new Fortitude save to escape the effect. The save DC increases by +2 for every other target caught in the singularity (so if four creatures were caught inside, the DC would be at +6). For every round they fail this save, the target will take 5d6 crushing damage as the force holding them applies pressure. You may invest more Hands in the Singularity, to increase the damage they take by an additional 5d6/Hand.

Under repulsion, all affected creatures are thrown away from the Singularity instead. A repulsed creature is thrown 30' directly away from the Singularity and takes 5d6 damage. If nothing obstructs this movement, the creature is left prone outside the area of the Singularity and may not reenter by any means until the end of the Singularity effect (though they may still fire ranged weapons and spells into and through the effect). However, if an object like a wall or pillar obstructs this movement, they take an additional 2d6 damage for every 10' they failed to travel, and are crushed as if under attraction instead of repulsion until the end of the effect. You may invest more Hands in the Singularity to increase the distance thrown and damage inflicted by repulsion, for each additional Hand so invested you gain +10' distance thrown and +5d6 damage.

You cannot form multiple Singularities in the same square or in any square occupied by Lockdown or Focused Shield.

Note: Might wanna decide, since I unified the repulsion and attraction entries, whether a lone Singularity may both repel AND attract, or whether it may only do one or the other, chosen at time of creation? My vote is for only one at a time, with perhaps an epic feat allowing for more precise shenanigans post 20th. We might also want to think about putting a maximum duration on it, as it is now, there isn't one...

Also, finally caught this, which is where all the confusion came from! Add in the underlined words:
    Any creature that attempts to pass through the barrier and fails takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/ class level.

We've missed putting (Metacreativity) after The Maker's title in the ACFs as well, noticed last week but forgot to mention it!

That's about it for now, bet you're glad I'm back eh?
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-04-10 at 10:12 AM.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC