Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
It's a 20% failure chance that can be avoided with the Still Spell feat. Even without the Still Spell feat, you still have an 80% chance each round of not noticing the effect, and if you are aware of it ahead of time you can just cast protection from electricity, since you have to actually be damaged by the spell in order to take the secondary effect.
1. Do your players memorize things with Still Spell routinely? (Just curious here)
2. Missed the "have to take damage bit so nevermind this point anyway.

Is there a problem with acidic creatures getting a save-or-die? It's 24 damage over 24 rounds. A 2nd level spell (resist energy) will give you resist acid 30 at that level, making you completely immune.
I don't have a specific problem with acidic creatures getting a save or die really. I didn't think about Resist Energy though. Consider the objection withdrawn. (I believe in prepping for dragons)

I love dragons.
I thought you might.

It's an Epic feat. An old dragon can get epic feats despite its Hit Dice, but at that point it's already ridiculously powerful due to its age category and age scaling for dragons.
This feat helps dragons deal with Epic level adventurers, by giving it a rocket of its own. Is that a bad thing? 24d10 every 1d4 rounds is not good enough to deal with epic level characters, especially when they can negate it with a single spell (mass protection from energy).
Just went back into the SRD to see how many dragons ever get big enough in terms of size categories to ever use this and where I still say it would not be the first feat my great wyrm red takes it will be on the list (around CR 30ish) Balance concern withdrawn considering epic gear being what it is around the late 20s.

Though wait.... Tiamat... With five breath weapons... she can use this five times yes? (Not a balance thing. I think it'd be cool to give her Queen Dragonness a trick up her sleeve.)