View Single Post

Thread: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

1. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Lelouch
    There are many roles Lelouch must play, and he has learned and honed them all to perfection. There's the bored, inattentive prodigy, that he usually wears around school, there is the bored, over-indulged sybarite, which he wears when he wants to deflect attention, there is Zero of the Revolution who is more then the sum of his parts, and deep within all the masks somewhere is a somewhat lonely and awkward boy who is still shy around girls, which he thinks of as his real face, although it is becoming hard to tell.
    And there is Lelouch vi Britannia, seventeenth in line to the throne of an empire far greater then the wildest imaginings of conquerors, from Napoleon Bonaparte to Alexander the Great of Macedonia, to Ghengis Khan. As he stands beside Kiryuu Touga, he begins to recognize some of that in the bearing of Lelouch. His shoulders are squarer, his bearing more lordly, and something flashes in his eyes that had always been there, but kept from being noticed.
    He closes his violet eyes. For a moment, he thought about his past, back when everything was fun and simple and stable, and how everything had changed because of one man. Lelouch had never forgotten his promise to his first friend Suzaku, and a large part of him still wanted to make good on it. He was dicing with the fate of nations, but a wise king looks to all his pieces, pawns as well. Afterall, pawns who get far enough become amongst the most dangerous pieces of all.
    "You are an enigma. One day you don't exist, nobody has ever heard of you, the next day you're here, leaving all questions that are sure to arise unanswered. The name and manner are Japanese, but you're clearly of noble blood." He should really say district eleven, even being half japanese himself, afterall, the empire has no desire to preserve the cultures they are forced to take action against (one atrocity among thousands). Ideas are as dangerous as weapons, if allowed to spread, afterall. Emperor Charles doesn't leave his enemies guns when he can help it, and certainly not ideas.
    "Are you here to seek your fortune, or were you offered one?" Since America was reorganized into twelve districts, all a manner of minor nobility had come, hoping to snap up lands and increase their holdings or, in a few cases, establish them. "You certainly don't strike me as a favor-seeker. Indeed, I get the impression you are not too sure why you are here yourself, or what it is you want, though you are certainly much more then you appear." He tilted his head. "I think I'd be honored to be your friend, and almost as honored to be your enemy."

Light Yagami
    "I am Light Yagami, formerly an eleven, and here on a scholarship. No title, I am afraid, though perhaps, with some fortune and diligent service to the empire..." Having identified himself as far less then a threat and beneath the notice of the nobility, he does his best to fade into the background, looking for Ryuk. The Shinigami had been following him all day, no doubt it was lurking around the place.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-04-13 at 09:08 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.