View Single Post

Thread: Erfworld, The Thread.

1. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld, The Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    And really, even with the Kickstarter stuff, does that justify an entire month between updates? Rich during the Kickstarter managed to put out 7 or 8 fully illustrated updates, and since it has ended despite the huge amount of extra work (he got himself on the line for far more than Erf), he's still managed an update a week more or less.
    Well one thing you have to take into account is buffer. Most webcomics don't make pages just before they update, they are actually usually atleast several pages ahead. I think Tom over at gunnerkrigg for instance has about a 30 pages already made to act his buffer. I assume Rich has a similar set up and thus the reason he updated 8 times during the kickstarter is not because he found the time to make 8 pages, but because he was pulling pages out of his buffer. If Rob did not prepare such a buffer, then he would have to make pages now when he's busy, while Rich can rely on his buffer to keep an occasional update while he concentrates on other things...

Another factor would be the timeline Rich gave himself a fair bit of time for all those PDF's, with him making promises extending all the way to the end of the year. For instance, though rich has been working on the kickstarter gifts, he's still hasn't really gotten into the meat of those PDF's he's promised; i'm sure he'll get to it, but he's taking the time he needs to balance out his attention between the kickstarter and the regular order of the stick. However in Rob's case, though i don't recall a promised timeline, i think he's aiming to get the motion comic done asap and thus has given it his primary attention. So in a sense, where they set their priorities could be a factor.

But really its hard to compare him and Rob when you consider the fact that we really have no idea what they have to deal with on a day to day basis.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-04-18 at 03:33 PM.