Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
Yes, there's definitely a few gems out there, I won't deny it, but the overpowering majority of voice dialogue is torturously bland, and in more than a few cases, actually offensive (sorry, but taking lip off mission givers isn't something I'm interested in doing).
As opposed to fawning morons that would turn gay for you? Sorry man, but rude/jerk NPCs make sense inter-spaced (is that the word?) with the respectful.

Also, I really don't see where you're getting the idea that the majority of it is bland. Repetitive, sure. Stupid, dear lord yes. But bland? I really don't see it =/ and even bland dialogue is more immersive than scrolling text.

But this is all moot. SW:TOR is a game. It sinks or swims based on gameplay, and on that score, it's positively derivative, and where it isn't derivative, it's worse. Tons and tons and tons of boilerplate, repetitive missions featuring bland, predictable enemies. Yes, I'm biased because I've played WoW for eight years, but that's the root of the issue: We've had WoW for eight years. Did we really need another game whose root gameplay elements were "Don't stand in fire" and "Interrupt the castbar"?
1) If I have to choose between a bland game and an equally bland game with better immersion and storyline, I pick the second.

2) A lot of people don't remember this but vanilla wow (ie, when it first came out) was filled with bugs just like TOR is now. And frankly even now i found the experience of levelling a death knight the last 30 levels to 85 positively painful.

But that isn't the choice. The choice is 'too much dialogue' or 'that money spent on some other feature', such as macros, plugin support, interface customization, or just more content or bug fixes.
I assumed that was understood - if you notice, I added that they could add new features/content later if need be. New voices for quests, on the other hand, would be a real pain. And a major selling point for TOR was 'it's a fully voiced mmo'.