Creativity Time!

Demigods, Ancients, and Demon Lords
With the true deities being global ones, and the spirits worshipped in villages being local ones, I want to bring up demigods again to fill the space between them. Demigods are the most powerful of spirits that still exist in a way that enables communication with mortals. True deities won't even notice individual creatures, but demigods may even be able to act pretty much like people if they want to. While I want to get away from the physical gods of pretty much all D&D settings, there is also something cool about having kind of saints to ask for blessings for specific tasks. And I think here demigods might come just handy. I think many of them should have a regional focus, as all spirits have a physical home domain to which they are tied and their influence should be limited. To the ancients and demon lords, these limitations wouldn't apply obviously, and with some very powerful or abstract demigods, there can also be exceptions. After all, it's meant to be a world were people don't have much proof of how accurate their believes are. So if someone asks for a demigods blessing but is well outside its domain, he would never know that the call was unheared, and he also most probably wouldn't have any idea how large the domain of that particular demigod actually is. I think for most situations, it really should only make a difference if one is inside the immediate domain of a demigod, three days travel at the very most. Outside it's mostly believe and superstition to hope that a prayer will be recieved or have any help.
Bad writers borrow, good writers steal, so this is once more a call for such beings created by other writers that may make a starting point for my own creations. Here are a few that I already have and I intend to turn into demigods for the setting.

Tharizdun/Ghaunadaur/Juiblex: Different names, but all the same concept (with the later two possibly even the same being). An ancient primordial and shapeless being of chaos, destruction, and madness. Perfect for one of the Ancients that has an active cult going on among mortal worshippers.
Graz'zt: Damn, I love that guy. A damn tall black man with spikes on his head, a huge sword, Charisma through the roof, and more spell-like abilities than you can count. Other demon lords want only decay and destruction, but Graz'zt is much more subversive and actually thinks before he does something. Maybe I just use him as he is without any changes at all.
Dagon: The D&D version. A giant fish-squid monster of incredible age and infinite knowledge. He would make a great god for the aboleths, which I want to be the big tough guys of the Underworld.
Eilistraee: An elven deity of the moon and fencing, also associated with music and hunters. I think she would make a great patron for an order of elven warriors in the Northlands.
Grandfather Tree: A giant tree deep in the forest that is worshipped by Barbarians as their ancestor. Not much more about him on my mind right now, but I think I'll look him up in more detail later on to get more ideas.
Lady of the Lake: Apparently some kind of nymph-queen from The Witcher game. The interesting part was, that she had a temple on a small island that wasn't much more than a sandbank with a few trees, where people from the villages at the shore of the lake would occasionally bring her offerings. That was a kinda neat location and would be an excelent case of what kinds of things I have planed for demigods.
The Sea Elf God: As mentioned before, the Sea Elf City is ruled by a priestess of the main islands spirit, which I think would be a good candidate for a demigod itself. Though I think I'll have this one not assuming a physical form and instead only communicating through visions with the shamans while always staying inside the largest mountain.
Erandis Vol: As much as I like the cult from Eberron, I never really understood what they were about. Erandis is cool, but I am mostly without a good idea how to make something like her into a demigod that fits the setting. Maybe I'll get something later.
The Guardian Crystals: The main feature of the Crystal Caves are the six demons residing within huge crystals that contain their tained aura. While I didn't intend for any of them to be of demon lord level power, I think collectively they pretty much occupy the same role as a demigod.
Hirsine/Malar: A god of the hunt which is all about hunting in any form. And not just hunting, but also the killing. I think it would make for an interesting and ambigous patron to invoke for everyone who is currently hunting something or someone. Cannibals and crazy cultists would worship it, but it might also be called for a blessing by people hunting a fugitive or even just searching for a missing person.